Founding Member of A Tribe Called Red, Canadian indigenous producer DJ Shub will drop his debut solo album War Club’ on 4th December. Credited as the founder of the PowWowStep, a genre that merges indigenous influences with electronic beats, Shub’s new album is a fight against discrimination.
Following on from the release of his previously shared single ‘Calling All Dancers’ and ‘The Social’ ft. Phoenix, which was released to raise money for Black Lives Matter and Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women earlier this year, Canadian producer DJ Shub now returns to announce the details behind his highly-anticipated new studio album War Club, which lands on the 4th December via his own Shub Music imprint.
With a sound that looks to merge the worlds of hip-hop with a bold and ferocious production, ‘War Club’ is set to become the producer’s most intense and powerful record to date. Arriving at a pivotal moment in the rap community with political and social upheaval dominating the scene right now, this new collection comes across as a battle cry for change, filled with high-energy beats and rapid-fire flow throughout.
T R A C K L I S T
- War Club (feat. Snotty Rez Kids)
- Calling All Dancers
- The Social (Feat. Phoenix)
- Smoke Dance Two
- Killa Soundboy (Feat. Boogat)
- Bullets (feat. Phoenix & Randy Bachman)
- Butchie Boy
- Shake Ya Bustle (feat. Hellnback)
- Smoke Dance Three
- Back To The Land (Feat. Jewlz)
- Fight For Your People (feat. Hellnback)
- Smoke Dance Four
- Pow Wow Dub (feat. Steve Salas)
- Redfoot (feat. Fawn Wood)
- Old School Is for Lovers (feat. Morningstar River)