Andrea Napoli launched the Avant! label in late 2007, with the inaugural release being the His Electro Blue Voice / Nuit Noire split seven-inch. Since then, Napoli has released 25 releases (with the forthcoming Night Sins To London Or The Lake LP being the 26th). He’s also been the drummer in His Electro Blue Voice since 2005, until the band’s present Ruthless Sperm LP (Sub Pop) Further, he and girlfriend Silvia started Yerevan Tapes, a tape and vinyl label focused on psych-kraut-esoteric stuff.
With this kind of pedigree, Ghettoblaster couldn’t help but ask what Napoli’s favorite albums of 2013 were. This is what he’s had in rotation this year.
1) Prurient – Through The Window (Blackest Ever Black)
2) Dva Damas – Nightshade (Downwards)
3) Ättestupa – Musik För Tomma Rum (Järtecknet)
4) Sangre De Muerdago – Deixademe Morrer No Bosque (Pesanta Urfolk)
5) Kinit Her – Storm Of Radiance (Pesanta Urfolk)
6) Vår – No One Dances Quite Like My Brothers (Sacred Bones)
7) Clay Rendering – Vengeance Candle (Hospital)
8) The Bellicose Minds – The Spine (Black Water/Sabotage)
9) Mai Mai Mai – Theta (Boring Machines)
10)Youth Code – Youth Code (Dais)
(Check out Avant! output here: http://avantrecords.bandcamp.com/.)