Today we bring to you a new weekly (hopefully) feature: Score!
Our investigative reporters are constantly on location looking for the best deals on used music. Read on to find out what we scored at a recent record shop outing and how cheap we got our goods.
Buyer: David Obenour, managing editor of our print mag and all-around awesome guy
- Beans – Tomorrow Right Now
- Blackalicious – NIA
- Boom Bip – Blue Eyed in the Red Room
- Boom Bip – Seed to Sun
- DJ Nu-Mark & Pomp – Blend Crafters
- Gnarls Barkley – St. Elsewhere
- Lady Sovereign – Public Warning
- Soul Position – Unlimited EP
- Vast Aire & Mighty Mi – The Best Damn Rap Show
Total cost: Only $19
Allied Record Exchange
1710 South Reynolds Road
Toledo, OH 43614
Comments: This store is crazy! Used to always stop there on my way home from college (even becoming a semi-regular despite the fact home and school were both hours away). Back then I’d always raid the “Budget Indie” section with great success. Fast forward five years (am I really getting that old?), my hip-hop tastes have increased and I figured, “Why not stop by again and check out the then neglected ‘Budget Hip-Hop’ section?” As you can tell, I was not disappointed!