Self-described Pop/Punk/Religious band Iceage has been busy touring Europe, trekking through Sweden and England. Now, the foursome is visiting the States and promoting its new album, New Brigade. Soon, they will return to Copenhagen, the place they call home. Read on as the band talks about the bodegas, record stores and Mayhem of K-Town.
1. What’s your town’s nickname?
Some people call it K Town.
2. What’s your nickname for your town?
We just call it Copenhagen.
3. Why do you live there?
We were all born there.
4. What’s the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you there?
I don’t think I can answer that.
5. What is your favorite local attraction (monument, park, etc)?
The big glass house in the botanical gardens and glyptoteket.
6. What is the best time of year to be there?
All year, both sides of the year have their advantages.
7. Who is your favorite local celebrity?
8. Where is the best place to drink and what’s their specialty or happy hour?
It’s best to go to smaller bodegas cause if you go to bigger bars it’s very, very expensive.
9. Who has the best jukebox (and what’s in it)?
The bodegas have stuff like Bruce Springsteen and old Danish singers.
10. Do you play music there? If so, where is your favorite place to play?
We can recommend a place called Mayhem and yes we have played in Copenhagen.
11. Does where you live influence your music?
Yeah, a lot.
12. What is your favorite place to see live music and what was your favorite show there?
Mayhem. We have played some really good shows there but I can’t pick all the shows I’ve seen there, there’s too many good ones.
13. What is your favorite local band?
14. What is your favorite diner or restaurant and what is their best dish?
There’s a place called Istedgrill at Istedgade serving really nice pork sandwiches.
15. What is your favorite record store and what was your best find there?
Insulamusic and Repo Man Records. I don’t know about my best find but I have found out about a lot of music through these stores.
16. What is your favorite local publication (alternative weekly, zine, website or blog)?
That might be something we’re missing here.
17. What is your favorite local shop?
The record stores I mentioned before.
18. If you could live anywhere else, where would that be?