Paste Magazine posted this — http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/04/10-ohio-bands-you-should-listen-to-now.html — which I happened across this week. In addition to completely excluding Ghettoblaster’s homebase (Dayton), which I think sucks, there is a band or ten they overlooked. So here is the first installment of Ghettoblaster’s “Seven More Ohio Bands You Should Really Listen To Now.”
- Hyrrokkin: This post rock leaning avant-jazz band has huge chops. http://www.facebook.com/hyrrokkinband
- Feathered Serpent: Tons of attitude and a skull-rattling Am Rep-inspired sound.
- Footbinder: Pulverizing math- and noise-rock inspired sonic experimentation.
- Neon Warship: Arena-ready stoner metal from the states finest heavy songwriters.
- Struck By Lightning: Destroys shit!
- Mixtapes: Adorable, poppy and heartfelt punk rock.
- Worship This!: Hardcore-inspired punk from the heart of the Midwest.
Seven more to come in the near future…