Paste Magazine posted this — http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/04/10-ohio-bands-you-should-listen-to-now.html — which I happened across this week. In addition to completely excluding Ghettoblaster’s homebase (Dayton), which I think sucks, there is a band or ten they overlooked. So here is the second installment of Ghettoblaster’s “Seven More Ohio Bands You Should Really Listen To Now.”
- Motel Beds: Progressive pop influenced by everyone from Cheap Trick to The Beach Boys and Swervedriver. http://www.brotelbeds.com.
- OH Condor: Too slick for lo-fi, too ambitious for slacker rock and too fun for shoegazing. http://www.ohcondor.com.
- Mouth of the Architect: Unflinching, atmospheric, metalgaze. stomp. http://www.mouthofthearchitect.com
- Me & Mountains: Fully-formed, hook-heavy rock band that nods to Weezer, Killers and more. http://www.meandmountains.com
- Ruckus Roboticus: Concocts a fusion of hip-hop, electronic music and funk. http://www.ruckusroboticus.com
- Tin Armor: Rock quartet influenced by Crazy Horse, Big Star and more. http://www.tinarmor.bandcamp.com
- Skeletonwitch: Roots extend to metal, thrash, punk and rock and roll and the nicest dudes ever. http://www.skeletonwitch.com
Seven more to come in the near future…