Earlier this year, American black metal outfit Altars released a new, four-song cassete EP via KNIFE VISION records. The band features Dayton, Ohio multi-instrumentalist James Downing-Groth on guitar and vocals, however, the band is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Downing-Groth’s output. Earlier this year XpaddingtonX made their debut, with Downing-Groth picking up drummer duties, as he also does in Blind Rage and Castration.
Ghettoblaster recently caught up with Downing-Groth to get a rundown of his favorite records of the year (below).
- Firewalker, Firewalker, Pop Wig Records
- Forced Order, One Last Prayer, Triple-B Records
- Full Of Hell, Trumpeting Ecstasy, Profound Lore Records
- Power Trip, Nightmare Logic, Southern Lord Records
- Sleaford Mods, English Tapas, Rough Trade
- Propagandhi, Victory Lap, Epitaph Records
- Frankie Rose, Cage Tropical, Slumberland Records
- The Templars, Deus Vult, Templecombe/Pirates Press Records
- Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton, Choir Of The Mind, Last Gang Records
- Code Orange, Forever, Roadrunner Records